Prayer Meditation #84
October 7, 2017. 7:00-7:15 A.M. USA. NIGERIA 1:00-1:15 P.M. #84
PRAYER MEDITATION TRUST REQUIRES TRUTH (Part 1)
Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and He put the man He had formed (Gen 2:8).
Before God put Adam into the Garden, He formed him. There’s a process of preparation. God takes us through in order to make us what we need to be, but preparation takes time. God must deal with our inconsistencies, personality defects, areas of distrust, unresolved childhood issues, scares, flaws, etc.
How long does it take? Only God knows. Admit it, even at your age don’t you still recognize some childish ways in yourself? Anybody else would have given up on you but God has a plan and He’s committed to it. We should all wear a sign that says, “work in progress”. If you hire me, you need to know that. If you marry me, you need to know that.
The Bible says the Lord formed man out of the dust of the ground (Gen2:7). What is God working with? Dirt. And tools He uses to form you are the experiences you go through in life. They shape and alter you. And the more you keep trying to have it your own way the longer the process takes. It may take you five years to learn to stop people pleasing, or ten years to stop feeling sorry for yourself, or twenty years to stop going back and reliving your childhood. All the while God is telling you. Stop it; and you are saying, yeah, I know, I’m going to do better. Then finally a crisis happens and the truth hits you.
At that point you say, “You know what? I am going to forget those things which are behind and start reaching for those things which are before (Phil 3; 13)
What does it mean to plant? To bury seed beyond human view so that they germinate and eventually produce fruits. In God’s plan for your life He’s planted blessings you experience over time. Just because you work out in a field and don’t see a crop doesn’t mean the seeds aren’t there. God has planted things in your life that will come to fruition at different times. It is amazing that God would plant. Why would He go to such trouble when He could just speak a word and create anything. Think of the love, the personal involvement of the creator of the universe, as He stoops down and plant blessings to come up at different seasons in your life. Everything God has for you hasn’t come up yet. So you can’t give up, or walk away and say, that’s all there is. No, God has got some stuff planted that you haven’t seen or experienced. You are still becoming what He planted. Knowing that reinforces your faith that it will happen. It also means God believes in you even when you don’t believe in yourself. There are talents in you that haven’t been discovered and dreams that haven’t been fulfilled. That is what the battle is about. The devil is fighting you over your destiny. He knows what has been planted in you and he is trying to kill the seed. Don’t let him. You are not the person you will be six months or six years from now, because there is a time factor; everything doesn’t come to harvest at the same time. You have to have faith, patience and trust in God, otherwise you will miss what God has for you. Please read Job 2:7-10, 40:1-5, 42:7-17.
1. Give thanks to God for the success of “TRUST” international summit Nigeria 2017.
2. Let’s give special thanks to God for all His protection, and journey mercies during this memorable conference.
3. Thank God for his anointing upon his servants, Jim, Pastor David, Dr Bernie, Lt Tim Reed and all the ministerial team. We’ve never had it so good.
4. Our GTGIM princess Sue was awesome, her courage to stay back in Florida to minister to the Hurricane victims was challenging. More grace to you in Jesus name.
5. Let’s pray for grace to trust God enough for what he wants to do to us and through us in our ministries.
6. Pray for fruits in our work and transformation programs among the youth corppers, prisons, orphans, widows and the down trodden.
7. Lord help me to be salt, light, and always give people hope and encouragement in Jesus most precious name Amen